At Alta Vista Dermatology, we value your time as much as you do. We would like to make your experience the best possible and would like to make your visit timely. When you visit us for medical or cosmetic dermatology services in Highlands Ranch, Colorado, we realize that you don’t want to spend your time waiting and filling out forms. Our goal is to provide you an effective and pleasant check-in procedure, take care of you professionally, and provide you with tools to use at home to heal as fast as possible. The entire visit should be efficient and timely so we can let you on your way as quickly as possible.
In all medical environments, unexpected events do occur. Should there be any wait, we offer you free Wi-Fi services in our waiting room, along with reading materials and refreshments. Should you need to reschedule due to conflict, we would be glad to do that for you at no cost.
In preparation to your visit, please bring the following information and documentation with you:
- Driver’s license
- Insurance ID
- Copay ( we accept: cash, check, and major credit cards)
Additional useful information to think of:
- Referrals (if needed) — This is for both insurance purposes as well as good communication between your physician. We will send you a letter to all referring providers.
- Pharmacy phone number — We send most of our prescriptions electronically so it can save you time by not going to the pharmacy twice.
- Please also let us know in advance if you need a mail-in prescription or if a 90–day supply of medication is preferred. This can also save time, so we can provide you the most cost-effective prescription.
- Prior list of medications and treatments.
- If you can, please give the best description of services you would like to get on your visit. This is to serve you better and give you the time you will need for the services.
- Most cosmetic services will need a consultation for assessment and planning for time. This sets expectations correctly and allows us to achieve the best results.
- In most cases, medical appointments can only be combined with cosmetic appointments if we have booked the appointment that way. Cosmetic treatments do need extra time, which would cause a delay in our schedule. Therefore, we respectfully ask you to express your wish to discuss cosmetic questions as well so we can book a medical appointment and a cosmetic consultation together with a longer time slot. This will make you happy by allowing enough time to discuss all your questions and will not delay or cause extra wait time in our schedule.
- All patients 18 years old or under must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at their first appointment. If a child arrives without a parent or legal guardian, then their appointment will be rescheduled.
Appointment reminders— as a courtesy to our clients, we call to remind you two days prior to your appointment. For yearly or bi-yearly full body skin exam reminders, phone calls can also be scheduled.